The department told the university in a letter last week that it has determined “no further action is warranted at this time” while cautioning that it still could investigate any future complaints, the Albuquerque Journal reported.

UNM President Garnett Stokes announced the development during a Board of Regents meeting Tuesday and said the university has complied with training and all other requirements of the agreement on sexual misconduct prevention.

The agreement also called for the university to revamp policies and investigation methods and it avoided a federal lawsuit against the university.